Solar energy is revolutionizing the way we power our lives — at home, school, and work. Making the switch to solar energy is now more affordable than ever before and is saving dollars — and making good sense. At the same time, more and more of the gadgets we use every day are also going solar – enabling us to take small steps for the greater good. Here are five of our favorites:
- Pack It Up: Want to be “too cool for school” this year? Strap on a solar-powered backpack and have at it. These are great for busy parents, students, and employees who depend on their devices to power up while on the go. These backpacks feature built-in solar panels designed to charge whatever’s inside. They are available in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, styles, and colors. Take a look here.
- Kick It: Originally designed for vision-impaired soccer players, these balls are the best. This game-changer, found on GlobalSources.com, features solar-powered audio and motion detectors that let players know when it’s near. Each ball contains custom-cut, soccer-sized solar panels. See how it works here.
- Watch It: If you’re a watch wearer, you know how annoying it is to have to pay a visit to the jeweler every time your battery dies. Thanks to jewelry makers like Seiko, solar powered time keepers are making those trips a thing of the past. Watches like SEIKO Solar take their energy from light and store it in a self-recharging battery that never needs to be charged. Now you can be on time and on trend. Check out some of what’s available.
- Get the Green Light: There’s no time like the present to get the “green light” on sprucing up your main entrance walkway with solar-powered pavers. They use solar technology to power by the day and light by night. Take a look at these solar-power sun bricks found on com.
- Calculate Your Savings: Have fun with numbers at home, school, or the office with a solar-powered calculator. They run via solar cells that adsorb light and convert it into the energy needed to run. Initially introduced in the late 1970s, they are available by some of the biggest brands, are more popular than ever and come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and price points. Here’s a sampling of some of what’s on the market today.
As far as gadgets go, we think these are pretty cool, but they will pale in comparison to what’s yet to come as solar powered smart shirts, shoes, and a myriad of other products come out of development and into the world.
Let solar power your business
The real savings – both in money and the environment – come with converting your business operations to solar. To find out more about how it’s done and the benefits it offers, contact TerraSol Energies, Inc. We are a family run business that has been serving the Tri-State area (PA, NJ, DE) since 2009. With more than 40 years of collective global project management experience, TerraSol engineers are some of the best in the business – and ready to help. Check out what our customers have to say and then contact us to set up a free consultation. We look forward to meeting you.