5 Things You Didn’t Know About Solar Panels
Do you own a small business and are tired of paying electric bills that seem to be going nowhere but up? Are you looking for ways your business can contribute to environmental sustainability? Would you like to learn more about government incentives available to businesses in your area? If you are nodding your head, then an investment in solar power is something to consider. It’s more affordable than ever and benefits the bottom line of businesses everywhere.
In New Jersey alone, 181 Mega Watts (MW) of solar electric capacity was installed in 2015. According to the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA), 91 MW were residential, 48 MW were commercial and 42 were utility scale. The 1,632 MW of solar energy currently installed in NJ, ranks the state fourth in the country for installed solar capacity.
That’s a lot of solar panels generating a lot of savings and preserving natural resources along the way. Thinking about taking the plunge, but still not sure? Here are five things about solar panels that may help you decide:
1. Installation should be left to the pros. It’s important that the right size panels are placed in exactly the right places and wired perfectly. It may look easy, but it’s not. To protect your investment, be sure to work with a reputable solar company – one that has years of experience and many happy customers.
2. Solar panels dramatically reduce electrical costs. Most businesses have peak demand usage during the day and solar reduces that demand. Solar is a low-risk investment because you know all equipment and installation costs, as well as guaranteed electricity output from the system for the next 25-30 years all up front before work begins. Once installed, solar panels are virtually maintenance free, allowing you to lock in at a fixed cost for electricity over the next quarter century…and then some.
3. Solar panels still work on cloudy and cold days. They sure do. That’s because only ultraviolet light is needed for the panels to generate electricity. And, solar panels are actually more efficient when it’s cold outside. Snow is rarely an issue as well. The panels are dark in color and actually help to melt ice and snow.
4. Solar panels provide a solid ROI. As is the case with most business investments, a solid Return on Investment is a must. The good news on solar is that the federal government can offer businesses up to a 30% tax credit on the total installed cost of a solar system.
5. Solar panels reduce your carbon footprint. It’s the right thing to do. Let’s face it. There are only so many natural resources to go around. The responsibility of preserving and protecting Mother Nature’s bounty falls on individuals and businesses alike. Solar power uses fewer fuels thereby reducing greenhouse emissions that contribute to global warming. As a business owner, solar power gives you the opportunity to reduce costs and make a real difference for future generations.
About TerraSol Energies, Inc.
TerraSol Energies is a family-run business that has served the Tri-State area (PA, NJ, DE) since 2009. Our solar company is focused on solar electric systems. We have one of the area’s most knowledgeable teams of solar specialists. When you work with us you can count on making a smooth transition to clean energy. We provide a turnkey approach, quality products and services, professional advice and expertise, and financial flexibility. To find out more about us and see feedback from our customers, visit our website, or contact us today.